Noelle will welcome you on arrival, show you to your cottage and help settle you into your luxury surroundings with your fresh, homemade scones and cream. To get you started, you will find homemade bread, butter, milk, eggs, jam, locally sourced dry-cured bacon and sausages. Put your feet up and relax with a complimentary bottle of wine and for both you and the children a welcome chocolate treat!
This luxury 5* self-catering cottage comprises a spacious sitting room with wood-burning stove, natural flagstone floor, oak features and a Georgian toilet converted from the original earth closet, to meet modern expectations.
Contact us to make your specific arrangements – we are here to help make your holiday special
Take a couple of steps down to a country-style kitchen with original quarry tiled floor, farmhouse table and seating for six. This fully equipped kitchen enables you to prepare comprehensive meals or simply enjoy the cream tea on arrival! Granite work surfaces complement the modern appliances in a traditional space.
We would like to keep Applestore Cottage and its furnishings to a high standard for the enjoyment of all our guests. Unfortunately, this means that we cannot have pets or smoking. Our cottages are family friendly and we can provide cots and high chairs.
There is a large double bedroom with prominent beams and a sofa bed, enabling up to four people to sleep in this room. The newly built bathroom set on stilts over the garden provides a light and airy feel with wide windows looking out onto bird feeders in the trees outside. Our guests tell us this bathroom with its large bath and low level lighting affords lovely romantic evenings! Alternatively, the modern shower set to one side offers a choice of luxury. The twin bedroom is in the old apple store with entry through a low door. At the far end of the room is an attractive separate bathroom with bath and hand shower, toilet and basin. In each bedroom, you will find quality cotton sheets and contemporary textiles, large soft bath towels and designer soap.
The cottage has its own ‘secret’ walled garden with table, furniture, and barbeque. The area has been extended with the new bathroom work to exploit the suntrap opportunities and to encourage the wild birds. Our guests have use of our garage for bikes and hosepipes for cleaning, as well as an outdoor washing line. You are welcome to share our large mature garden most of the year and we do not expect you join us in its weeding! Beyond is the shared paddock with trampoline, live willow house and fruit trees. The grass is cut to form a series of paths through the wild flowers and tall grasses. Beyond is the wodded area with a variety of wildlife.
Get that home-from-home feeling at Noelle’s Cottages
Welcome Grocery Hamper
Double Bedroom with bath & shower
Twin Bedroom with bathroom
Fully equipped kitchen
Fridge and Freezer
Iron & ironing board
Free Wi-Fi usually over 10Mb/sec
Flat screen TV
DVD plus film selection
Midi music system
Additional sofa bed
Bath & hand towels
Private garden area
Click here to download the Applestore Cottage Access Statement
1. We require a deposit of 25% when booking, with the remaining balance to be paid a month prior to arrival. We prefer that you pay us through an internet transfer and full details of our bank details will be sent once your booking has been made. For special offers throughout the year please phone or look at our website.
2. We ask guests to leave the cottages at 10.00 am to allow us time to prepare for our next arrivals. Your feedback in person or in our guest book helps us to improve the experience that we offer.
3. We would like to keep the cottages and the furnishings to a high standard for the enjoyment of all our guests. This means that we cannot have pets or smoking. Children are very welcome but we ask you to mention them on the booking form we send.
We try to keep the availability up to date but will hold your holiday while you confirm and send the deposit; do let us know quickly if you change your mind. Please have a look at our booking calendar above to check availability.
In the event of cancelling your stay at Noelle's Cottages the following will apply:
1. If the booking is cancelled after the deposit has been paid - the deposit is non-refundable.
2. Cancelling within 28 days - if the balance has been paid, we will make all efforts to re-let the cottage and if so, your balance will be refunded.
3. Any e-mail cancellation must be confirmed by us to ensure it has been received.
We advise you take out holiday insurance cover to protect you from possible loss.
Should you need it we can offer advice and information and help sort problems. We can assist with any special requirements before you arrive, for example flowers, chocolates and champagne for a special occasion. We are on hand to help you order a delivery from our excellent local farm shop, which specialises in locally sourced produce.
We offer festive decoration at Christmas unless you wish to ‘Bah Humbug’ the Season. We are also happy to leave you completely alone if you prefer.